Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Half Painted Chair



We were in need of a rocking chair for our nursery.  Yes you heard that right.  More on that later ....:)



I dreamed of it being the most perfect cool mint in color.


I think it turned out exactly how I dreamed it would.


Add a pillow for comfort and you have yourself a perfect little spot for rocking.




Here is how I did it:

I found this chair on craigslist.  It has to be a 100 years old.  Handmade and super sturdy.



I had originally planned on painting the whole chair in the mint color but the color of the wood was SO BEAUTIFUL I couldn't cover it all up.

I used a paint from Lowes(olympic-sweetpea).




 So I just picked a nice halfway spot and taped it off with painters tape.





I just used one of my craft sponges and did a light coat and let it dry and then repeated until the color seemed dark enough.  I even realized later that I didn't even prime it.  I had a box fan blowing on it the entire time which really helped with the drying.


Happy rocking.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

I've been reading your blog for years and am glad to see you back! Congratulations on the new baby!

Kellie said...

I LOVE this chair. I always want to start doing more projects after I see all of your amazing "conversions". So cute!

Rach said...

Really cute. All I can think about since you stopped blogging was how sick you were with your last pregnancy ... I hope it's not the same this time for ya! Exciting news! And I second the "glad you are back" comment. : )

Unknown said...

This makes me want to craft. For real. I love it.

Darren Demers said...

I've been reading your blog for years and am glad to see you back! Congratulations on the new baby! afghan pakol cap , antique choker set , black embroidered patch , Tribal Ladies Dress