Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10 Minute pillow cover



Its true...I am back.  A little wiser, a little older, and ready to start blogging again.  We are doing well and there have been lots of changes in our family!  More on that later.  

Here is my first project back.
Enjoy!




I decided it was time to recover my pillows.  I figured out the easiest no fuss way to do it and after you make one it will really only take you 10 minutes or less to whip one up.  

(I got this fabric from Joann Fabrics.  Super cute and I know they have an aqua and pink polka dot as well.)


Not all the way over.


I don't measure the extra that you need...it always just works out.  Try it...you'll catch on.


I like my pillows to fit into the case nice and snug so when I am eyeballing where to cut I pretty much just make sure it fits right onto the fabric.


You are just going to cut right up that fold.


Then you will have front and a back.


I just eyeball where to cut making sure one side is slightly bigger than the other.


I just pressed the fabric over 1/4 inch twice with an iron and sewed right down to finish the edges.









I love making these cases this way because it really is just no fuss and so easy.  It's so nice not to worry about measuring and pillows are really forgiving :)    

Happy sewing!

9 comments:

Whitney said...

shut the front door I just saw this on pinterest and said to my self "who pinned this cute pillow??" . .Tanya?? is she back blogging?? YES YES YES!! can't wait! you are so cute and creative!! hope all is well . .now back to crafting :)

Rach said...

Yay! SO glad you are back! Can't wait to hear what you have been up to.

Nicole said...

Great tutorial. Thanks and welcome back!

Izadora said...

You are back blogging! Im so happy, cant wait to start reading your posts again haha

Jennie said...

so glad you popped back into my blog reader! and, with the exact project I'm planning to do. your tutorial looks way easier than others I've found!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

So excited to see you blogging again!!! Welcome back!

Adventures in Learning and Love said...

So glad you are back!! love your blog! :)

apohair said...

Thanks for your sharing ! Interesting article
16 inches weave hair

Robert said...

Thanks for posting such a nice article. Really enjoyed it thoroughly. Keep posting more such videos regularly.
nexgen Contour pillow