Monday, February 16, 2009

you are what you read?


This is Lucy's favorite book. We read it many many many times a day. The other day Lucy was reading this book to herself at the counter.















I heard her say "mommy can somebody get me an apple?"
A few minutes later she said...














"Mommy can somebody get me some carrots?"














I couldn't figure out what was going on here, until I looked at the page of the book she was on. The food page.

At least she was eating her fruits and veggies.














Until she on accidentally picked up an orange crayon that was on the counter next to her, and bit into it thinking it was a carrot.

Oh sweet Lucy what am I going to do with you?
I think this erases any of the nutrition you got from your fruit & veggie.














This reminded me of when Trey was Lucy's age, he used to love to watch Nacho Libre.
For any of you who have seen this movie, there is a part where he eats toast with the Nun.
Well I always knew he was to that part when I would hear him yell

"mom i need some toast!"


7 comments:

Ashley said...

I think crayons are what is missing from the food guide pyramid. So funny. Especially the toast eating Trey.

Stephanie said...

Sounds great to me. I think I need to find a book all about cleaning and give that to my kids to read and see what happens.

Unknown said...

It could be worse...right? Like licking the floor of the family change room at the pool while pretending to be a dog.:)

Love that Lucy. Call me when you can...I got some more shoes for Lu.:)

Unknown said...

hmmm. . . good toast. anyways. haha, ahh, thanks for the laugh. I love how lucy yells out, "Mom, will somebody. . ." so funny.

Anonymous said...

Very fun way to get the kids to eat their veggies! I love how snowflakes fall all over your blog it's so nice and peaceful like!

Janas Bananas said...

I love that he loved Nacho Leabre..its one of our fav's!! BRett always needed his cars when he would watch cars..and he would act out the scene, it was really cute. I should get that book maybe it will help for macey, right now she thinks she should only eat it if it has sugar in it..And since she gets to not eat sugar all day, I have become one mean mommy in her eyes!!! she will get over it, I am sure.

aunt choody said...

Lucy, you are as sweet as they come. At least the crayon was orange... easily mistakable. Now if it was a pink crayon, we'd have to worry.