Friday, April 24, 2009

one of the best things about being a mom...

watching your kids experiencing pure joy.

this is the tree swing at trey and lucy's grandma and grandpa's house. it is attached to a huge walnut tree.

travis
swung here as a boy, and when i would come to travis's house when i was little for piano lessons, i also swung on this very tree.

this tree has seen a lot of kids throughout the years.

but i don't think this tree has seen a child enjoy swinging here as much as lucy did.


she loved it so much it hurt.


she wasn't scared one little bit at how high she was going.
here she is swinging over her uncle peter and cousin greyson.


trey and cousin ethan were feeling brave enough to lay under lucy while she swung.


just look at that little face and how excited she is.
it feels good to know that your kids are so happy.

really what more could i ask for.

14 comments:

Abby said...

Lucytanya! (remember how I used to call her that?) What a dear little thing she is. Such a pretty girl! I love the one where she's swinging over her uncle and cousin and you can just see her feet. That would make a cute card or something.

Love the pics, and your blog!

Unknown said...

Makes you feel good doesn't it? She is darling!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures Tanya! I love how green the grass is and that the kids are outside sans coats! Swinging really is the most fun.

Janas Bananas said...

I used to swing on that tree...many hours of pleasure spent there !!! I miss Swegle rd somtimes...Most of my favorite memories are there. Looks like another generation of cousins...The stories that tree could tell if it could talk eh???

Love the smile on that cute little thing!!

Unknown said...

I'll miss that girl when we leave. These pictures are priceless.

Steph said...

those are the most adorable picture i have seen. she is such a sweetie, you are a lucky mom!! it looks like you had lots of fun!

Brittany and Johnse said...

She is a beautiful girl! And I agree as a parent seeing your kids so happy is what makes you so happy!

Unknown said...

she is LOVING that! If could find a big truck swing for me, I would be so delighted. . . . So sweet. . . I love those pics, Tanya--keep 'em coming.

Palillo,Ganchillo...siempre said...

I agree with you, having them happy and safe, nothing else I think. You have a very beautiful blog, I share some ideas with you. By the way, I've made the bandana dress you've shown before. Visit my blog please. Greetings, Jobana

angela said...

what a fun post--i may have to do my own post about avery's love affair with swinging. when her brothers are the ones pushing, she laughs harder than at any other time. i love it. so fun for lucy!

Kelly Munns said...

oh man. is she not the cutest? i can't believe she's going on 3!!!!! i miss you...when is travis leaving again?

Malia said...

I found your blog via my friend Lauren (busybeelauren).
You are so creative! You make motherhood look like fun...something I've worried about.
I like how you edit pictures. You should do a tutorial on editing your pictures!

Lorissa said...

Tanya, Im Steph from Canada's Sista, I LOVE your blog,,,HOLLA....well I LOVE all your photo's! I am interested, do you use photoshop? If so HELP! lcrapo@telus.net

The Blandon's said...

I love it! I remember swinging on that swing too... that brought me back to such fun memories.
The pictures are great!