Sunday, October 12, 2008

keepin it real

so i have heard so many people say how they don't like blogging because it paints a fake picture of people lives and it leaves people feeling like they don't measure up. i hate hearing this because hello of course people only post the good things about their family. i am sure no one feels like this when they read my blog but in case they do...
i have decided to let you in on the madness of my little world. the rule is i can't make any excuses for what you are about to see...and oh how i want to. i can only narrate.

i found these pictures on my old camera the other day.
i can feel the anxiety coming on just by looking at them. i remember waking up the morning taking a look around and just thinking "for the love of all that is good and holy i have got to get a picture of this."


so here is my kitchen sink...i think every dish i own is in there...take a look at the floor under the table. you can't even see from this angle how bad it was.

this is the part that hurts the most. here is my little princess....hair stuck to her face...eating curry for breakfast....wearing the same shirt from the day before...and yes yes it does have tomato seeds stuck to it from the day before as well. my heart is hurting as i am typing this.
p.s. feel free to click and zoom in. i just did and i put my hands over my face.

13 comments:

RaeAnn said...

most awesome post ever.

Em Russ said...

oh, how I love you.

(and maybe this will make you feel better!!)
http://blog.russes.org/2007/10/my-new-mantra.html

Unknown said...

I feel for you Tan!! Love the post. I love our little Lu even with a curry face!:)

PS Speaking of cleaning...I finally got down and cleaned that disgusting toilet in the basement...I'm so sorry you had to use that things while you were here!

Matt 'n Erin said...

Is it weird that I am now craving curry?

bendanielsfamily said...

I feel like our house gets uncontrollably messy on Sundays then it takes me till about thurs to get caught up again :) can't wait to see your new craft ideas!!!

Court and Brade said...

oh tan, you are one of the MOST REAL people I know! I know, the people who despise blogging really do blog stalk all of us and will start one of their own one day... and then they will realize that you can still be real and BLOG!

The Jen said...

You make me wish I had taken pics of my house this morning. Every dish, every article of clothing, and EVERY TOY WE OWN was scattered, nothing in its place, not even the right room. It took me all day to clean it and the bathrooms and office are still a disgrace. It's funny that you say people are fake, sometimes I think I am too real and people find out just how un-pretty I can be :)

Positively Creative! said...

I am SOOO glad I am not the only one...!

aunt choody said...

You are so funny. I love that littly Lucy!

Unknown said...

yes yes yes. . . yes. ahh. And look at Lucy--she couldn't be happier :)

Abby said...

I wish I could have curry for breakfast!

Lyndsie said...

that's so great! seriously...i'm so glad you have lots of days like that too...sometimes i wish i could just get ahead & stay ahead! but no, it doesn't seem to work that way at our house! :)

Kelly Munns said...

oh that's funny because i swear that's what my house looks like ALL THE TIME! the dish thing and the scattered crap...oh my, i can't keep up. maybe now that angela moved out i will have one less person to worry about. i am about to do my spring cleaning in the fall! and i swear every flat surface in my house collects crap.

on the flip side...at least lucy eats her veggies (even if they stick to her clothes...indefinitely)